Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada (preferred) or Remote; Canada
Term length: 12 months starting January 2024
About the Team
The UX team at Kinaxis is transforming the user experience of our product, RapidResponse. You’ll be integrated right into the UX team and treated like a permanent employee. You’ll work closely with developers, product managers and other designers on exciting and challenging design projects. You’ll have the opportunity to experiment, learn new skills and gain valuable real-world experience. More about UX @ Kinaxis here: http://kinaxis.design.
What you will do
- Work closely and collaborate with other designers on the team.
- Help create UI wireframes, mock-ups and final designs.
- Support the team to deliver attractive user interfaces across the application.
- Contribute to Kinaxis product style guide by updating or creating components in Figma and documenting usage.
- Support in asset creation such as icons and controls.
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback.
- Support product management on presentation screens.
- May perform additional projects upon request.
What we are looking for
- An education in Human Computer Interaction, User Interface Design, Industrial Design, or equivalent experience.
- Some design experience, with a portfolio of projects that showcase your design process and skills.
- A creative mindset and a passion for designing modern, high-quality solutions.
- Strong communication skills, team-orientation and are responsive to feedback.
- A motivation to keep learning and improving.
- Strong familiarity with Google's Material Design.
Tools That We Use
- Miro, for collaborative story-mapping, brainstorming, and early concept generation.
- Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (XD and Illustrator primarily), for hi-fidelity visual designs and prototypes