We're BlueScore, a VC-backed startup on a mission to create a safer digital world for everyone by empowering people to be their own cyber specialists regardless of their skills.
How? At a time when physical and digital realities converge, technology is ubiquitous, and mobile is king, we’re creating the world’s first cyber co-pilot that leverages Augmented Reality to visualize cyber threats in real-time.
With support from leading dual-use VC, New North Ventures and Agora Ventures, plus a battled tested Alpha product, we’re now assembling our core team. As a UX/UI Designer, you'll be at the forefront of this exciting new chapter.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with founders and engineers to design and shape the visual and interactive user experience of our products.
- Leverage our alpha build to innovate and standardize our design language, crafting a comprehensive UI/UX design system that encapsulates our mission and syncs with our tech stack, including Swift, ARKit, and Firebase.
- Bring design concepts to life – transforming Figma wireframes and storyboards into engaging and intuitive interfaces for our iOS app and web platforms.
- Guide the design journey from concept to launch, orchestrating a user experience that's not just functional but deeply resonant and emotionally engaging.
- Embrace innovation. Comfort with ambiguity is key. We're trailblazing, which means not all the answers are clear from the start. If you love a challenge, this is for you.
- Forge new paths, pushing the boundaries of AR, pioneering location-activated experiences, and solving novel business problems.
- Love the early startup stage. Thrive in ambiguity, and focus on delivering results.
- Substantial UI/UX design experience, evidenced by a robust portfolio that displays your journey through various design challenges, especially in mobile environments.
- A sharp eye for detail, with a proven track record of delivering aesthetically pleasing and user-centered design solutions, and design systems at speed and scale.
- Mastery with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD, coupled with an understanding of iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Initiative and autonomy. Excel in a lean team structure where proactivity and ownership are the norms.
- A background in mobile AR solutions and location-based services, crafting experiences that are not just functional but magical.
- A curiosity for IoT, BLE, WiFi, and how spatial computing transforms user experiences.
- A passion for the future of the open internet, the AI arms-race, and its implications for democracy.
What's in it for you?
- Be one of the first 10 team members.
- Play a key role in shaping our experience practices, products, and culture.
- Get equity, aggressive vesting, growth-based bonuses – you share in our success.
- Work on something purposeful that hasn’t been done before.
- Develop and ship product to some of the world’s most elite mobile teams (from Fortune 500 executives to Special Forces, chart-topping artists, and frontline journalists)
You can be located (almost) anywhere, but our preference leans towards those based in Washington, DC or New York City. Non-local hires should anticipate periodic travel for face-to-face collaboration. Local employees can expect a balanced mix of office and remote work. We value in-person interactions for their unique spark in an early-stage startup environment, which can't be fully replicated in a remote setting.
Apply using your WellFound profile and answering the attached applicant questions.