Intern applications will be open September 1st - September 30th. Interviews will be held in October.
Purpose of Position
Interns are assigned special projects and various other duties that are intended to provide them with valuable professional work experience and industry insight. Interns will perform meaningful work alongside other talented professionals gaining insight to NetJets' unique culture and business philosophy.
The UI Design Intern would support the UI team with the following:
• Designing UI components for web and mobile applications
• Collaborating with developers to build a custom design system for use across NetJets’ digital products; leveraging atomic design and design tokens
• Prototyping UI designs with simulated interactions to aide in review and development of approved designs
• Creating visuals and partnering with our content designer for documentation of design patterns and components
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and complete department assigned project(s) in a timely and effective manner.
- Collaborate directly with a department mentor; set goals and monitor progress.
- Develop an understanding of the NetJets operations, approach, methodology & tools.
- Note: It is not possible to list all required job duties on this form. There may be other important duties assigned, depending on the position. For a full list of essential job functions, please refer to the essential functions worksheet for that position.
Certifications and Licenses
Years of Experience
0-2 years of experience
Strives for Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, working towards a Bachelor's Degree.
- Task-oriented, organized, and conscientious.
- Clear, professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, positive, personable, and ability to develop relationships.
- Must be proficient in EXCEL, Word, Outlook and have experience with internet research.
- Must be comfortable with Excel spreadsheets, tracking, and analysis.
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Fundamental understanding of responsive design including limitations and constraints
- Experience building components in Figma design application
- Foundational design principals; use of color, visual hierarchy, typography, alignment, etc