Ridgeline was founded in 2015 by a group of people with more than half a century of combined experience contributing to U.S. National Security. We understand our clients’ unique missions and we deliver innovative solutions to their most difficult challenges, filling critical technical gaps across the U.S. Government and business worlds. At Ridgeline, our capabilities extend from the classroom, where we provide the tools and training needed to work and communicate securely, to our engineered systems of specialized hardware and software that address critical security issues, and into Research and Development, where we dream, design, and build solutions to the threats of tomorrow. We iterate and deliver quickly – in the course of weeks or months, not years – and we’ve trained more than 1,000 people, deployed to over 50 countries, and managed systems with more than 2,000 end users.
Ridgeline International is seeking a Product Management and User Experience Intern to help our Product team apply user-centered design practices to create intuitive, delightful and compelling experiences. In this role, you will participate on multiple projects and will experience the full lifecycle of UI/UX work from initial requirements to implementation of designs. From a product management standpoint, you will assist with delivery of new features and produce enhancements for Ridgeline’s suite of products.
- Collaborate with team members to generate solutions that are research-driven and achieve business objectives
- Works with the team to map the user experience, define the details of the interface, and correlate a system's features to user tasks and needs
- Assists with iterative user research and analysis, defining clients' needs, objectives, and audiences through various discovery methods
- Support the engineering teams with design assets, specs, mock-ups, animations and consultations in real-time
- Creates documentation, style guides and specifications as requested by the project to support the vision and can be used to guide decisions throughout the project lifecycle.
Product Management Responsibilities:
- Writing specifications for the engineering team, testing new products and features, developing product marketing materials and technical documentation and supporting existing products
- Assist with go-to market strategy and launches for new products – facilitating product release with engineering, sales, supply chain etc., and developing/delivering product presentations
- Conduct market research – gathering feedback from customers and analyzing product landscape
- Work with engineering, support, sales and partners to troubleshoot and resolve escalated product issues
- Participate in group internship projects and structured learning activities
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Human Centered Design or another technical field of study
- Familiarity with Figma and/or other design tools
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligibility to obtain a Secret security clearance, US Citizenship is required
- Ridgeline’s 2023 Internships begin on Jun 1, 2023 and run through August 11, 2023
- Internships based are primarily located in Ridgeline’s headquarters campus located in McLean, VA. In limited cases, some remote work is permitted