The role: Intuit is looking for product design interns to help enhance the Intuit Design System, the foundational design system that serves all designers and developers at Intuit. We live at the intersection of design and code, defining design tokens, UI components, and patterns for web, mobile and artificial intelligence-driven product interfaces. We work closely with the Intuit Brand team to ensure all products adhere to brand standards that we define.
The team: You’ll be joining a team of design system experts who love design and code, and serve as unwavering advocates for solving our customers’ problems.
What you'll bring
What you’ll bring
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive results.
- An understanding of the value and role of design systems in a company.
- An understanding of the intersection of design and code.
- Strong communications skills to convey ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree seeking program, eligible for a 4 month work term (May - Aug)
- You're customer-obsessed and are passionate about creating products that resonate on an emotional level and drive business results.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of UX Design practices and tools such as design thinking, decision mapping, prototyping & wireframing, Figma, AdobeXD, conducting deep user research.
How you will lead
What you’ll do
- Collaborate around solving customer problems using design thinking methods
- Define design system elements based on brand and product guidelines
- Conceptualize a broad spectrum of ideas and then narrow to a critical few to validate
- Design high quality deliverables and assets such as interaction patterns, design system docs, wireframes, and prototypes (code or figma)
- Participate in customer research with clear goals and a testable hypothesis
- Share your work with others, collaborating with other designers, content strategists, product managers, product developers, marketers, and researchers to improve your work as you go.
Hybrid 2/week in office.