Junior Graphic Designer Student
Locations Available: Sault Ste. Marie or Toronto (Hybrid)
Duration: Summer (May - August 2023)
Type: Student, Full Time
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
As a Junior Graphic Designer Co-op Student at OLG you will support the development of all creative assets and design projects within Digital Communications and Production.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assist with development for various design projects throughout the various phases of project life cycles.
- Brainstorm and design ideas with Copywriters, Project Managers, Front-End team and other designers.
- Participate in the creative process, from brainstorming to asset development in a dynamic environment meeting deadlines and standards.
- Help support and evolve visual identity systems while referencing and maintaining a library of resources and design systems.
- Build an understanding of brand identities and enterprise brand positioning.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Sound interest and experience in graphic design.
- Knowledge of design fundamentals, typography, and web.
- Experience with graphic design tools, such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe Creative Suite apps.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- The passion and hunger to learn, high attention to detail, and strong time-management and organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Work collaboratively within an agile environment.
- Portfolio or any example of creative work required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We offer you an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic Digital Communications & Enterprise Operations team and a transformational work environment with a competitive hourly rate
- Creative projects to further enhance and develop your Portfolio
- Being part of a collaborative working environment alongside OLG Leaders who support the growth and development of students
- Participate in Diversity and Inclusion initiatives across the organization including Pride Parade and Women’s Leadership Programs
- Support OLG Charities including the Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
MORE ABOUT US:
Visit our website at olg.ca for more information or talk to us on one of our social media sites
- OLG Apps for Android and Apple devices on Google Play or App Store
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please send your resume to Careers@olg.ca by March 24, 2023.