Does designing visually stunning and useful UX designs excite you more than binge watching Netflix? Does the chance to have an impact on how real people use real software sound better than creating TikTok videos? If you answered yes to both (or, at least, one) questions, join us for a season of building your UX Product & Visual Design chops.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
- A passion for solving problems via elegant & clean designs
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills & the ability to work well alone or on a team
- A positive attitude and empathy for users
- Experience with or an interest in micro animations
- A background in graphic design is a plus
- A commitment to creating pixel perfect visual comps that developers can turn into code
- A portfolio (online or document form) that speaks to their UX experience & skills
- Familiarity with Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Figma, CS Suite, & other UX/Design tools
- Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s)
- Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned
- Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities
- Gains an understanding of how company and business works
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments
- Manages multiple deadlines
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned
- Uses company software applications to complete assignments
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries
- This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the beginning of the fall term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program.)
- Have status as a rising freshman, at least 18 years-old, who is enrolled in or has completed a vocational insurance-related program, with some college credits.
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
- Be able to work part-time during normal business hours for this fall/winter.
- Be available to begin employment mid-November.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE: Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses.
EXPERIENCE: With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work is performed remotely or in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
Actual compensation decision relies on the consideration of internal equity, candidate’s skills and professional experience, geographic location, market and other potential factors. It is not standard practice for an offer to be at or near the top of the range, and therefore a reasonable estimate for this role is between $17 and $33.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.