At Raymond James, we develop, we collaborate, we decide, we deliver, and we improve together.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high-quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Associate, Interactive Designer
How does the role impact the organization?
The Corporate Communications & Marketing team is looking for an Interactive Designer to join our dynamic team. The role reports to the Associate Vice President, Communications & Marketing Operations and Technology.
Under limited supervision, the Associate, Interactive Designer uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or formal training to develop, maintain, and expand public websites. Supports Web-based products and services through email, telephone, and online support ticket system; ServiceNow. Executes projects that require some evaluation and ingenuity.
Maintains high standards for writing well-designed code and using design best practices. Extensive contact with internal customers and contacts to manage projects resolve technical problems and coordinate solutions. Uses knowledge and skills obtained through experience and training to lead a single-function or specialty work group in an assigned functional area.
What will your role be responsible for?
- Interacts with internal customers and troubleshoots problems to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Consults with managers to identify, analyze, refine, and document business information requirements
- Follow specific and detailed steps to publish new content through a web content management system i.e. Sitecore, SharePoint etc..
- Designs, maintains, and manages public facing websites that provide public business information
- Utilizes company-approved graphics software to create and edit graphic and video files to be used on websites
- Troubleshoot web design, development, publishing, or UI issues, and recommend effective solutions
- Monitor web statistical tools; compile reports
- Communicate regular status updates on projects
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What can you expect from us?
Our most important investment is in people. Upon eligibility, Raymond James Ltd offers flexible workstyles, a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits range from Health Benefits, RRSP Matching Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, Volunteer Days, Discretionary Bonuses, Tuition Reimbursement, and many more! We also support internal promotion and community involvement.
What do we expect from you?
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Enterprise content management software sufficient to author and publish content, analyze and refine workflows, and detect publishing or workflow problems. SiteCore knowledge is especially preferred
- Web editing software, and sufficient knowledge of HTML to hand-code documents
- Well-versed with various browsers – Chrome, IE, Firefox
- Experience in debugging, tuning and optimizing UI components
- SharePoint 365
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- General understanding of web standards, browser compatibility, and web accessibility guidelines
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization principles, including on-page and off-page factors
- Moderate knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console sufficient to add GA code to a website set GA filters or goals and set up a site in Google Search Console
- Knowledge of browser developer tools and mobile emulation
- Experience working with CSS, HTML5, Bootstrap framework, and media queries
- Knowledge of domain name management, including purchasing, redirects, and transfers
- Microsoft Office suite of products, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in the financial services industry, as well as the rules and regulations that govern it, in order to develop appropriate designs utilizing corporate design style elements
- Web page design sufficient to work on highly visible company websites
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets
- Strong typing skills to create and edit web pages quickly and accurately
- Organizational and time management skills sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines. Detail orientation to ensure quality standards are met without impairing workflow
- Fundamental concepts and best practices of SEO and ADA for web standard (WCAG)
- Manipulating and converting graphics and image files provided in various formats
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Publish content, maintaining continuity of themes, designing the layout, streamlining navigation, and increasing online presence to potential customers
- Translate client objectives into technical requirements
- Conceptualize and design materials creatively, accurately, and on time, with close attention to detail
- Take ownership of a project with little supervision
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Use good judgment in making decisions
- Analyze business processes and recommend solutions
- Prepare various reports, summaries, and written recommendations
- Provide a high level of customer service in a calm, courteous, and professional manner.
- Lead a customer service call using online screen-sharing software such as Team or WebEx
- Use effective oral and written communication skills sufficient to communicate and interact effectively with clients regarding technology-related information
- Work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines and a demanding workload
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Bilingual skills in French are an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience with web editing software, and sufficient knowledge of HTML and CSS to hand-code web pages. SiteCore knowledge is especially preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- OR ~
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) an asset
We encourage our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, and respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic selves, our organization, clients, and communities thrive, it is part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal-opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Here at Raymond James, we demonstrate our commitment to ensuring equal opportunities for all candidates. To request accommodations, candidates are instructed to contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. By reaching out to this email address, candidates can communicate their specific requirements and discuss the necessary accommodations they may need to participate fully in the recruitment process.