When can you expect to hear back?
We like to attend all career fairs and recruitment events before closing our positions. That means, this position may be open without response for a couple of weeks to give us time to wrap up the recruitment season. Please see our tentative timeline below so you know when to expect to hear back from us!
- All postings close: September 24, 2023 at 11:59 CT
- Interviews: Early October
- Offers: By end of October
2024 Start Dates:
This position has opportunities to start in the Spring. Please see our start dates below.
- Spring Internships: Monday, January 8, 2024
- 20/hours per week max (flexible around your class schedule)
The User Experience Design Intern supports the Research and Development team to enhance the enterprise platform products. This person works closely with the User Experience team to enhance navigation flow, layout, and creation of individual design patterns.
- Create concepts with wireframes, produce high-fidelity mockups or prototypes, write detailed documentation, and critically assess design.
- Work across teams to ensure concepts meet business, brand, and project goals.
- Enhance and improve upon existing UI patterns in current design system.
- Experience the collaborative and creative processes as they exist in a software environment.
- Assist the team with other user experience projects.
What You'll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficient with visual design tools like Adobe Creative Suite
- Portfolio showing work is required
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program, preferably in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or related program.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
$28.00 - $28.00
- 401(k) participation and match
- Paid sick leave
- A unique opportunity to further your learning experience through additional internship seasons
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #20 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers' on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation and match, casual dress environment, paid sick leave and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Opportunity at Workiva: At Workiva, we offer more than just a 12-15 week spring or summer program. 80% of our interns extend longer than just 1 semester with us to continue work on their projects. As long as you are enrolled in a degree seeking program, you could have the opportunity to be an intern at Workiva until you graduate!
Learn more about life at Workiva: [*https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/*]
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email EarlyCareer@Workiva.com.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.