One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The UX Researcher is responsible for working with product teams to create amazing product user experiences. Working with the UX & Design, Product and Marketing and Engineering teams across a broad set of products and platforms. We're looking for a passionate and innovative Designer to create a consistent user experience for all the Viasat products, from enterprise grade applications to consumer facing mobile entertainment apps. Working across the whole design and user experience process from envisioning future concepts to defining user flows to detailed interaction designs and prototypes and assisting development teams with final implementation.
- Research interaction, design standards and technology trends. Evaluate competitor and other related products to ensure that our products and applications adhere to best of breed usability and user experience standards in the market
- Facilitate customer interviews and usability sessions, both in-person and remotely; support customer survey efforts
- Use research to evaluate and test existing products and to identify gaps and usability issues
- Develop UX outputs like customer journey maps, service blueprints, personas, etc. to be used by product teams
- Synthesize customer feedback and findings to ideate on solutions with product teams
- Perform heuristic evaluations on comparative and competitor products
- Execute ethnographic and usability studies to evaluate end user behavior across time and device in the digital space
- Help perform pre and post development usability testing to validate business needs and user goals
- Advocate for end users and their experiences; conduct user tests to quantitatively improve testable areas of products
- Perform UX analysis of product offerings and catalogue opportunities for improvements along with Design work level of effort
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Product Management and Engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, interaction, user stories and flows and overall user experience
- Collaborate with the UX & Design team members to execute across a number of design stages from requirements definition, wireframes, user flows and storyboards to defining detailed interaction and iterating high fidelity prototypes and final visual design production
- Conceptualize and iterate original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems. Good understanding of the agile software lifecycle and ability to communicate and engage with frontend and backend engineering teams to iterate and achieve the best solutions
- Act as the user-advocate during the product development process, present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to the team and product stakeholders with an ability to see the big picture whilst maintaining careful attention to detail
- Establish and promote design guidelines for interaction, UX/UI and motion design patterns, align to best practices and standards for mobile and web based applications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Digital Media, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field
- Strong portfolio outlining ideation process, design thinking, interaction and visual design across a wide range of enterprise or consumer user experiences
- Great sense, passion and understanding of UX, Interaction and Visual Design and designing digital user experiences
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with Design, Product, Marketing and agile Software Development teams
- Good understanding of web, mobile web and native mobile technologies and agile software development processes
- Fluency with common design software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite applications, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools, and/or Office/Google Apps, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with design tools such as Figma etc.
- Creative curiosity, analytical, & hardworking enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, collaborative, and independent
- Strong background in user-centered design principles
- Motion graphics, animation or illustration skills
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For Colorado-based jobs only: The minimum for this position is $69,900 annually; however, base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.