We are Sherpas and Ninjas. We aren't order takers, we're visionaries and advocates for our client's success. Leading the way to the peak of a brand's potential is our win. We are precise, persistent, efficient perfectionists. And, we have really cool outfits.
We are the elusive SherpNinja.
Come join our Tribe!
While this is primarily a work from home position, you must live within 40 miles of Atlanta for occasional meetings and team-building events.
Yalo is seeking a Junior User Interface Designer who has a top-level understanding of interaction design, information architecture, and visual design, along with a strong sense of typography, color, and a practical grasp of animation. Professional proficiency with standard design tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe, etc.) and a willingness to learn other tools on the job are requirements. Excellent collaborative and brainstorming skills. The ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules and prototyping experience is a requirement for both our clients and the Yalo brand.
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Collaborate with and support our fantastic team of Creative Directors, Designers, Content Creators, Copywriters, and Account team as well as our trusted network of creative contractors.
- Contribute to team success by creating a wide range of client and internal deliverables that may include: websites, mobile apps, digital/print campaigns, print collateral, experiential elements (trade show booths, retail signage, etc.), and promotional items.
- Contribute to Yalo’s creative thinking and solutions during business development pursuits.
- Engage with the Creative team to ideate concepts; execute and deliver stellar creative to knock the socks off potential clients.
- Contribute to operational protocol improvements to ensure creative considerations are taken into account.
- Be able to work within a budget and project timelines.
- Consistently deliver on time.
- Wear short sleeves or be prepared to roll up your long ones to contribute to this fast-paced agency with a wide range of clients.
Skills Required to Succeed:
- Working link to your digital portfolio
- A degree in Art Direction, Design or similar
- 1 - 2 years of related work experience
- UI skillset including familiarity and knowledge in the following areas
- Comfortable working in Figma, Sketch, XD
- Prototyping (Figma, InVision, and XD)
- Responsive Design
- User Flows
- Information Architecture (site map strategy)
- Working in design sprints
- Client first attitude
- Relationship building (client and Yalo team members)
- Clear, concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organization and thoroughness
- Skilled use of Excel, PPT, and Word
- ‘Storm the beach’ attitude
- Idea generation, for both clients and Yalo
Why join our Tribe:
- $750 a year to be used for Concerts, Sporting Events or Continual Learning
- An incredibly cool, culture of people who understand how to GSD (Get Sh*t Done)
- Yearly company off-site retreat, this year we went to Mexico!
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Matching Simple IRA
- Employee Assistance Program