Team Introduction and Overview
The SOLIDWORKS User Experience Design team is multidisciplinary and made up of user experience designers, graphic designers, user researchers, and engineers who are responsible for the user experience and user interface of SOLIDWORKS products.
We handle a diverse range of products from Desktop CAD software to web and mobile applications and support a diverse range of interfaces including augmented and virtual reality. This is a paid, three-month internship. This opportunity is based in the Dassault Systemes Americas Headquarters located in Waltham, MA.
Role Description and Responsibilities
As a User Experience Design Intern, you will support the UX design effort for 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS and Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS. During the course of this internship, you will:
- Coordinate with senior UX team members to ensure design and workflow consistencies
- Participate in research, planning, and design of functionality for SolidWorks products.
- Create wireframes and User Interface (UI) concept mockups
- Create low, medium, and high fidelity UI prototypes.
- Help to conduct user research and usability tests.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Degree Program
- Possesses experience with 3D CAD applications, including SOLIDWORKS (recommended, not required)
- Displays understanding of the User Experience design process though discovery, concept, and detailed design.
- Possesses working knowledge of tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Balsamiq Mockups, Figma, Sketch, or other tools.
- Creating prototypes for user testing. The more interactive, the better.